Monday, May 02, 2005

Me MOM's Bday

1st May = Labour Day = My Mom's Birthday.

My grandmother really laboured my mom 48 years ago. Hahaha...
*looks around* Ok, not very faarnee...

Dad took all of us over to Penang Island for a luncheon to treat my mom for her special day because he has to attend a meeting that evening. By the way, she did forgive him as we all know it's an important meeting. We wanted to go to Evergreen Laurel's at first, then Gurney Hotel, but both of them only serve dinner. So, instead of going to a hotel to have our lunch, we have to settle at a restaurant. Dad called up his friends for any recomendations and we ended up at a chinese restaurants called Lakeview or something... but I'm sure there's a 'view' word. Quite an enjoyable meal, except for the long wait for food. The restaurant was on full house as some families are celebrating a week earlier's Mother's Day.

Later at night, I brought back a tiramisu cake i ordered from Secret Recipe a few days earlier and called up my godmother and my godsisters and my godnieces-nephews to join us in the mini-ladies-only Bday party.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Crab meat soup made like chark-fin soup

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Birthday Noodle is a must for every chinese family members' bday person

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Deep-fried salad prawn (which actually is dipped with mayonaisse, kena tipu)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Such a pity we have to eat it all up =(
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mom & Dad enjoying their meal
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tiramisu for my Mom
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mummy's presents
Overall, I think my mom had a great time looking at the way she laughs when she gets her hands on her presents... and the glowing look she gave my dad when he came back from his meeting. Hahaha...

Ah Mi,
HAPPY 48TH BIRTHDAY & WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

from your loving 3 daughters... and husband.

2 comments:

NESOHU said...

Why not try Corner Court Restaurant just beside Evergreen next time? The food are quite good there, highly recommended.

It's open by Komtar btw. Same company one.

icymint said...

ok. i'll keep tat in mind. thanx for recommending =)
btw, the restaurant's name was Starview.