Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Old SINISTER Lady

I woke up early today, with a good mood. I look at the family laundry basket, and I thought, time for laundry! I got downstairs towards the kitchen door leading to the washing machine outside the house.
And I found:
1) the aluminium door was unhatched;
2) the 2 padlocks on the grill was not there, but beside the basin next to the door

The first thing that come into my mind was, WAS THERE A THIEF WHEN I WAS SLEEPING?!
Then I opened the grill door to let myself out, and I saw
3) the soap powder container was not closed properly

Then I knew, this was the work of THE old lady, my sinister grandmother.
Since I already knew it was her doings, I made a mental note to tell her the insecurities if she were to leave the doors unlocked again.
After I hung up my clothes on the line to dry, I saw her sitting comfortably on the sofa watching her drama series. I just make it simple telling her she must not left those undone again, as I do not wish to talk to her so long.

Me: Ah Mah, the door was unhatched when i went out to do the laundry. And so is the 2 padlocks. And the soap powder container.
Ah Mah: What? Now you want to find fault with me?!
Me: No, I'm just telling you that if u leave the doors unlocked again, it is dangerous. And please close the container tightly next time you use the powder. It may get wet from the rain and turn the soap powder hard.
Ah Mah: That container was already loose when I used it. Your parents didn't closed it properly yesterday.
Me: Then when you used it, you may help to shut it tightly. Simple.
Ah Mah: Aarrhh... I do not want to touch those things that were of yours! Later all of you will blame me! I went out to do my laundry too, I saw the container already not shut tightly. I left it as it is. If not, you all will blame me again!
Me: Then the doors, next time please shut it with padlocks too.
Ah Mah: I just went out for a moment! Cannot??!! Why must I shut it when yesterday your parents can open it whole day! I was inside my room for a while after my laundry. You already think you are great. You can hear what I did from inside my room. You should know what I do inside my room! All those things, you can do, but I cannot do! All you do is to find fault with me!
Me: (I just reach BM yesterday, so I think she meant my Mom opened the door to do some spring cleaning) But yesterday there are people downstairs. That is why we didn't close the door.
Ah Mah: You just want to find fault with me!
Me: Why do I want to find fault with you?? I just remind you to close the door next time to prevent those stray cats from coming in. You wouldn't be in the living room all the time. You sometimes stay in your room. Nobody's outside to watch the door. Do you want the stray cats to come in? Who's going to clean the poo then??
Ah Mah: All of you are the same! All the small things, you will blame me! All the faults, you will blame me! You think you are already an adult?! You are not an adult yet! You don't know what it feels like! I take care of my grandchildre--
Me: No, you didn't take care of me and my sisters.
Ah Mah: Your parents don't let me-
Me: Which I understand why they do that now.
Ah Mah: I will tell your father about this.
Me: Go ahead and tell.
Ah Mah: Now you think you can "action" already?
Me: Yes! (I was beginning to boil up too)
Ah Mah: Ooohh.. Now you think you're so clever??! Do you think I want to stay at your house?
Me: (Quietly hoping she doesn't hears says) If you don't like it, move. (But she heard me)
Ah Mah: You think you're so clever, huh?! Next time you won't have any boy child!!!

I just laughed at her remarks. I mean, she says I find faults with her which actually she pick fights with me. And she even threatens to tell my father about this. As if I am afraid. And then, she even cursed me not to have a boy-child!

Ah Mah: Why are you laughing? Wat is so nice to laugh at? All of you.. ALL of you in this family are always bullying me! Always!!! $%#^#^%&^^%$#@

After that I just went upstairs, switched on my music volume loud enough to drown her voice. I know she still is mumbling, but I don't care what she says. The most angst thing is, she cursed me not to have a boy-child! Not that I think having a baby-boy is important, to me, both is the same.. girl or boy. But to see that she acts so childish, it really is hilarious.

But one thing I must admit, I don't feel good after arguing with her. I felt victorious, but sickly inside. My heart was pumping like it was moving as quick as the bullet train. I have broken a couple of the chinese traditional rules, which is
#1 Must not fight with elders
#2 Must respect the elders
These traditional rules are good to obey. Though, I already disobeyed it with my grandmother. She picks fight with either me or my sisters when they're around. My sisters told me all about it. I believe them. Sometimes my sisters had quite the same cases as mine. I pitied my sisters more because I am more afraid of what she might do to my sisters rather than to me. And the old lady's attitude don't appeal to me to respect her. She is totally not a model grandmother.

How can I respect her as a grandmother, when she herself do not respect me as her grandchild??
How can I love her as a grandmother, when she herself do not love me as her grandchild?

Maybe... just maybe, I can TRY to love her.. but her attitude, her jealousy, her speech, just made me want to throw up at her. This is not the first time she picks up a fight with me. There some other times where I just advised her, and she just flared up. But this is the most serious one of all. There was even one time the she tried to "kill" herself in my bedroom to get people to pity her, by saying nobody cares for her anymore. But did she cares for anyone other than herself? Anyone? Anyone at all?? I don't think so. Then there was another time that she backstabbed me by telling lies about me to my 3rd uncle. Luckily my eldest aunt believed me.

People kept telling me to let her be. Just be patient. Remember the times she takes care of you when you were younger. (Sorry, she DID NOT take care of me when I was a baby. She just never did.) Remember the things she done for you. (Sorry, she never did anything for me and my sisters. She just never cared.) Or just remember the times you both shared together when you were younger. (Sorry, she never was there. Never ever was there. EVER.) She is just an old lady. Just let her be senile once in a while. Oh, how I WISHED she really IS senile!

If she wants people to respect her, did she ever think of why people doesn't respect her?
Did she ever think of why all my other uncles and aunts don't appreciate her?
Does she ever think of her big sly mouth?!

*
*
*

Answer: NO, I don't think it will EVER OCCUR to her!
And because of her, i'm feeling grumpy!

No comments: