Monday, December 11, 2006

Enough is Enough!

I can't stand those naggings anymore!!!

I tried to listen.. one ear in, one ear out. Just making her satisfied as if I was listening to her. Sometimes I complained a little about an itsy bitsy "what-ifs", just to let the curiosity lift off my brain cells so that those neurons could rest from thinking too hard. But every topic we talked, things we'll be doing when Dad goes to KL for his police duties, like facial treatments, freedom, food, recipes, books, clothes for CNY, shoppings, even hunks! You'll be amazed by how she can related all these points into my big problem and when I begin to either anwering her non-challantly, or trying to drift off the subject, she begins to pin-point at me bringing back all the reasons of why I can't get what I wanted. My itsy bitsy "what-ifs". And for such a "wonderous" reason, she always asked me: Why are you not getting a job yet? That would solve all your problems.

I told her my reasons. I needed a break. I do not want to be reading another 1 inch alphabetically arranged idiom, lexeme, locution, morpheme, name, phrases, sound, term, usage, vocable, sentences, books of regulations.

She already agreed with me. She also agreed that I can go to Singapore to relax before I start to seriously get a job. She even help me to persuade my Dad into letting me crossing the country's border without parent's supervision for the first time. By the way, I have an over-protective dad. Not that I mind, but sometimes it did get on my nerves. She helped me alot, financially. That's why I thought, she, out of all people understood the reason why I am still looking at the 4 blank walls at home. I enjoyed it. At the momet, of course. On her other hand, she still give hints like TeckSeng Plastics Berhad needs people; or Dell's got a recruitment drive at Traveller's Hotel, or Belleview Group has an empty chair; or Muda Paper Mill will definitely accept you if you just send in your resume.

But then again, Mom, just so you know, I've completed my resume on Jobstreet, as well as JobsDB, and other recruiting companies that I can find. I've even bought newspapers, especially saturday's The Star for their thicker recruitment pull-out.
So Mom, I still love you, I will now send my online resumes and wait for their replies, and
enough is enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh girl, take your break. But know when is enough. I'll write you a mail regarding this job seeking issue.

Find a job, get promoted, get married, be happy and enjoy yourself.