Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dedicated to Oliver

Dear Oliver,
I've promised you to write this post... just giving you something to read up during your "past time" in the office, helping you to get rid of your lingering boredom. So you better thank me very much!
Muahahaha... >:)

Friday morning:
I woke up, startled from the alarm of my handphone, at 9.00am. I wondered why had I set the alarm so darn early? Then with my blur head, I remembered I said something to my Dad about having the curtains in my sister's room washed.. Oh dear, I'm still having blurred visions.... what am I looking at... it's blurry.. and it's getting darker.. and darker... and.. zzZZZzzzz......

Friday morning... nearly noon:
I woke up. Startled. Again. By my handphone. At 10.30 am. But this time, it's a call from my Dad asking me whether to have lunch with him & Mom at the new Indochine restaurant in AutoCity called Golden Triangle. He says if I wanted to join, I better get my butt off the bed and into the bathroom and meet them there at 11.30am NOW! "Okokokokok.." I replied. And off... I wondered into Slumberland again... needing another 5-more-minutes.

Friday morning... nearly noon... after 1/2 hour:
Darn! It's 11am! I got myself freshened up. Bathed as fast as I could. Dressed as fast as I could. And drove as fast as I could. The traffic was just getting crowded as I left the light industrial area outside my house. And I think I've avoided the traffic jam in mere 5 minutes.

Friday noon:
My journey to Autocity is about 15 minutes today because of the slow lorries from the nearby factories. Took another 5 minutes to round up the place and park my small little kembara. This place is full of people with hungry stomachs. It's my first time entering the Golden Triangle, and from the outside, it looked as if the elephants with their watering trunks are some welcoming sign. It was quite quiet outside the restaurant, but it was a different "panoramic" view inside. I stepped inside the restaurant and I noticed there is about 15 waiter and waitress in-waiting. Apparently, Mom & Dad & another one of their friends was the first table of customers.. so all eyes were on us, waiting for our cue. After we've ordered, they left us but not their eyes. Felt as if being watched by ghosts.. Hahaha...
Skipping the nonsense, their food is not bad either. Indochine food comprises of authentic dishes from Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. We had Vietnamese spring rolls, Siamese seafood tomyam, Laosian coconut otak-otak, a very big fish with some spicy sweet & sour Vietnamese gravy, and some simple green vege (from Malaysia... most probably Cameron Highlands, I think. Hahaha...) We wanted to take some glutinous rice in coconut milk, a desert from Thailand, but the Captain said something about not being to have time to prepare. Mom was disappointed. Luckily we didn't have the desert, if not, there wouldn't be much space in our stomach to contain it. Overall, their food is delicious, pure with authenticacy! Thumbs up!

Friday afternoon:
Went back home. Did nothing except chatting.

Friday evening:
Quickly cleaned up the fans in both mine & my sisters room before Dad comes back. I forgot about the curtains going to be washed. I guessed that have to be postponed.

Friday late evening:
I was stuck in the evening traffic jam when I was trying to take a short cut, which ended up arriving to my Mom's office 15 minutes later than usual. Went straight to BM town to shop for some CNY clothes. We went back, empty-handed.

Friday dinnertime:
I had actually planned to go to Halo Cafe later at night with RoSeCs and Wei. Then suddenly, RoSeCs canceled it at the last 30 minutes because he forgot his grandmother's Birthday. I was quite disappointed with it because I have planned this for so long. And I have purposely drove around the new AutoCity Phase 4 just to make sure that it is really opened before confirming the mini get-together. I think Wei heard it in my voice that I was totally crushed because he asked my whether do I want to go yamcha at a later time or not... without RoSeCs. Of course, I quickly agreed! I was already rotting at home..
Long-Live Wei!!!

Friday night:
Chatting happily with my PC while waiting for the time to past before Wei reaches.

Friday midnight:
We went to a darn near Pelita Nasi Kandar in Bukit Minyak because Wei does not want to show-off his pajamas to a lot of people. And he has to bear with me for always saying "Sien" because I was bored. Poor guy...

Friday night after midnight:
Reached home around 1.30am. Everyone's asleep. I will too.
Good night.


Sincerely,
-icymint-

No comments: