Monday, January 24, 2005

Exercise...Exercise... I think i need a daily dose of it!

It's very tiring this week. Went back to Penang for 3 days to help my parents to move those big heavy furnitures. My parents don't have any sons, so i know that it's my responsibility to act as a son AND a daughter. Anyway, my sisters did help too. They actually help alot before i reach my home. They swept, they mopped, they cleaned, they etc. etc. Luckily they're there to help my parents out. If not, my parents would be panting out of breath.

And talking about out of breath, i had sore arms since Saturday. And it's still soring. Those badminton training are just my first class on Friday and i hope not to have sore arms after training a few more times. It's 1 semester since i've touched my racket. And i didn't go for swimming last break. Sigh.. That's just my laziness... cuz i should have exercised alot more.. but.. aiyo, lazy lar.. hehehe..

Yup. I've enrolled myself in the Badminton Workshop organized by my Uni but that's just to get my old self working. My level of badminton is not from point zero but i still feel that i should learn some of those basic steps to help myself to hit the shuttlecock more confidently, skill-fully, and speedily. I remembered once my dad told me that i alwayz hesitate to hit the shuttlecock, and when i hesitated, the shuttlecock will make its way to land lower, making it more difficult for me to hit back with speed and target. My sisters are far better than me in badminton, partly because they've taken a very serious badminton training during secondary from a professional coach. I've indirectly learned a few bits and pieces from them but i still find it not enough to satisfy myself. And my sisters have better stamina than me. They can run faster without breathing as heavy as me and i'll still be lagging behind them.. panting my breath away. Both of them are good in atheletics like 100m run, long jump, high jump, 'lontar peluru' thingy, u know.. those sports that we're suppose to take during secondary. Basically, they're better than me at sports. Period.

I just came back from the Annual Chinese New Year Extravaganza 8 (CNYE8) held in Emerald Park. Frankly, it was pretty boring because all those performance are all kind of the same as last year. One of my fren, TeikHong, even pointed out to me that it's still the same person who performed; same performance, same person. SIEN. The only part i enjoyed was the lion dance team from Segamat, Johor. The black & red lion stunned the spectators when it jumped from a high pole to another. And the food... aww... the food... TOTALLY, OBVIOUSLY, NOT WORTH IT!! And TOTALLY TASTED AWFUL! What can i say, i'm a pure Penangite.
La~La~La~~~ *singing***

No comments: