Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Asian Tsunami Alert!!!

Recent news over the BBC, CNN, NewsAsia flooded everyone's woresome. Damn tsunami hit Malaysia too. Very rare indeed. I used to think that Malaysia is such a safe place, in terms of no volcanoes, no twisters, no alien kidnappings. It all changes one Sunday morning.

At 9.25am, my Dad called suddenly to ask if i am OK. I was totally sleeping like a log. Then he asked whether did i felt the tremour. I was like, what tremour?? I was having such a beautiful dream, and BOOM, tremour??!! Later my Dad told me that there was a jolt of earthquake. And i was like, oh ok. so wat? I know i sounded non-chalant but in truth, i was still in a blur case. And also my Dad loves to joke, and i thought he was joking at that time too.

I hung up & try to continue my sleep. But i still find that something is so so wrong somewhere. My Dad wouldn't call in the early morn just to joke about things like that. So i drag myself up, switch on my pc. And WHAM~! It really is an earthquake! At first it measured at 8.5 on the Richter Scale, then another report said it was 9.0! It's the most disasterous in 40years time.
It was an underwater earthquake, only 10miles below the oceanfloor near Acheh, Indonesia, which caused a large tsunami to hit Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India and as far as Maldives. I called my Dad again to report on my findings. Eventually, my Mom had already switch on the Astro watching CNN Asia back at home. No wonder they know the news faster than me. Yea, yea, advantages of Astro.

I asked my Mom about her youngest sister. My youngest aunt lives in a high-rise apartment in Dato'Keramat, i think that's what the place is called. ="> *shy shy lah... forgotten the name**
Found out that she's safe, she ran out of the building at once when the tremour came. Lesson learned: Never stay in a high-rise building. My house's cool, don't worry guys. I'm living on the mainland, so i guess that's what saves my house from the tsunamis. Thanx again guys, for your concern. You guys are the greatest~! MUUUUAXX~~!!!

All sorts of donations are being carried out, both in MMU and private organisations outside, all donated to the victims of the tsunami. So, everybody, please do your part and help the helpless. And surely your kindnes will be repaid in the future.

No comments: