Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Another Earthquake... Another Tremour

~*~Headache, man... shesh, why everything so blur.. better sit down first~*~

Junkies (Twisties), checked; Plain water, checked; Pillows, checked; Blanket, checked; XiaoPan, checked; Seoul Raiders in cd-rom, checked.

I moved my monitor facing my bed, set myself comfortably among my pillows and blankets to reduce my headache, having my plain water bottle beside me just in case, opened my packet of Twisties, then clicked [play] then [full screen].
After only 2 minutes of the movie, somebody sent me a message through YM. I was like, shit, i forgot to disconnect my Yahoo Messanger. Nak kacau aku tengok movie kot... Never mind, i ignored it. The 3rd minute came, and this fella keep buzzing my YM non-stop. I got irritated, paused my movie, and un-full-screenized my movie. The buzzer was my cousin.

sephirothtan : call back penang
sephirothtan : earth quake
icymint_gal : huh?? real anot??
icymint_gal : when happened? teruk anot?
sephirothtan : really wan... my mom called me
sephirothtan : not serious la
sephirothtan : but u call back & see loo
icymint_gal : okok
icymint_gal : i'm calling now
*dial dial dial*
icymint_gal : both my parent's phone not working!!!
sephirothtan : ur sis ler?
icymint_gal : calling now
*dial dial dial*
icymint_gal : nbd pick up the phone
sephirothtan : not serious la
sephirothtan : maybe my mama chating with your mama
sephirothtan : i saw forum said the taman u last time stay also got
sephirothtan : don worry la, all said just shake a while saja. those stay beside sea side only need to worry
sephirothtan : ur family slept liao ho?
icymint_gal : finally, i reached my dad's hp adee
icymint_gal : my parents are ok
icymint_gal : yeah... they're sleeping like a log. hahaha...
icymint_gal : how's ur parents? ok boh??
sephirothtan : then, din felt the earth quake a?
sephirothtan : my house there ok
icymint_gal : no wor.. they slept like pig. din feel anything at all.
sephirothtan : aunty lay (my youngest aunt staying in the island) there scary abit
sephirothtan : but they ok also la

I was so glad to hear that they are all fine, especially my youngest aunty staying on the 13th floor in the apartment, despite my own family who's sleeping like a heavy log and doesn't know anything about the quake until i called them up to ask them whether are they ok.
Later on, i received alot of fowarded links from YM on the earthquake and Yuki YMed me to ask if i felt the tremour. Then she sent me this link on the earthquakes deteced in the eastern Indonesia. Then another link came to me on 'Magnitude 8.2 - NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA'. I surfed on The Star/latest and found alot of news on the tremour too.

After afew minutes later, Yuki YMed me again asking me what do i think on this earthquake? Could there be another tsunami? I do not know what to think. No comment, i told her. There might be, there might not. I don't dare to think too much. It's sad to imagine those people to lose their home once more after the Dec. 26th Tsunami. But there is a possibility. We'll see about that again roughly after 5 hours subsequent to the quake. In the meantime, I am going to bed, keeping my fingers crossed and pray that everything will be fine.

1 comment:

icymint said...

No tsunamis detected in the Malaysian shores..
Btw, the reason i was having headache is bcuz of the earthquake. Except tat i didn't know at time, it was really an earthquake. Yikes~!
And I even thought it was juz merely a normal headache.