Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Resignation

I think I did not tell this news in my blog yet.. 2 weeks ago... I QUIT!

I resigned my current job, without confirming a second job. Corina said it's daring. AiLin said it's daring too.. and plain stupid! Well, at that time I didn't think much, I just want to get out from that company as fast as I could before I was confirmed. Reasons for being so stupidly courages:-
  • Not enough staff & no assistant - Thus workload was 3 times heavier compared to my colleagues at other outlets.
  • No Over Time - Imagine working 3 times harder and not getting paid on overtime.. Imagine you'll be needed at your workplace for 12.5 hours and not getting the salary you're supposed to for 4 days straight... nice?
  • Not enough allowance & claims - Allowance? Claims? Ptui!!! I've been cheated. I travelled from Queensbay Mall to Gurney Plaza every Monday, not even a single cent claimed. I've counted. Altogether it's more or less RM100/month, which accumulated to RM300 which I can't claim back!
  • Rude clerk from HQ - At first I didn't know she's JUST a clerk since she's so bossy. I thought she's an exec. like me, until my HQ Operations Manager demanded to know why am I following orders from a clerk.
  • A pervert Northern Manager - He labelled other older men ogling at young and pretty girls as D.O.M. (Dirty Old Men) which he does not knows he is included in his own category. And yes, when he speaks to you, he does not look at you in the eye.. his eyes are somewhere below.. on your humps.
  • Stupid unreasonable rules - They wanted you to work, and yet said there must not be too many full shifts. They're already understaff, and yet not taking a newbie. Work 10 days straight without rest. Even work on your own actual Rest Day and only getting paid for the first 4 hours and not the other 4 hours which is "dedicated" to them for free.
  • No holidays on weekends - At most, I can only take 2 days off in the weekends.
  • No holidays in more than 2 days in a stretch - Meaning, no Saturday & Sunday off continuously.
  • No holidays on public holidays - IF I am still working, you can expect me to be at Queensbay Mall this coming Merdeka.
And the nice things of working in a mall:-
  • You get to know which celebrities is coming to the mall first-hand.
  • You get to window-shop everyday.
  • You get to know when the next sales is coming so you can save up.
  • Sometimes get discounts in some outlets when mentioned working in the same mall.
  • Get 10% discounts on Haagen Dazz (but I never tried it yet.)
  • Try to get to know other outlet's staff so that you can get their Staff's Purchase (this is what my staffs always do, but still, I never tried it yet.)
  • You get to see friends shopping in the mall and hid in a corner to call them and say, "I Know What You Did 5 Minutes Ago!" and keep snickering on the phone. Tee hee hee~
Oh ya, I just had my convocation last week. And I don't need to apply for leave!

No comments: