Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Very Own Convocation 2007

Finally, I can say I am 100% graduated!

Sweet's been so "nice" to me. Every night asking "Are you sure you're 100% graduated? Have you settled your accounts with the Finance Department? And how about the Security Department and the Library Department as well?", "Be sure to call them to confirm", "Have you got the RM500 deposit back yet?"
It's annoying! I've told him hundreds of times it's all been settled and yet he kept infuriating me.

And he did his job... booking the hotel rooms.. all messed up!
He got his days wrong. I'm not to go into that cuz it'll only madden me up furiously.
But the case did settled in the end. Lucky him I do not have to throw my fist above his chin.

I reached KL 3 days before my actual convocation day. And Sweet, this time, have been so kind to take leave to accompany me in KL. He even daringly drove to KL just because I needed a car to Cyberjaya so that I can register myself and verify my smartcard. How sweet Sweet is... or maybe he felt guilty?

I met alot of old friends there. My ex-housemates, coursemates, Badminton Club mates, Alpha Group mates, CLS mates, Cyberjaya mates, juniors, etc. When I thought I was the busy one dropping a little chat while waving hi-s & bye-s everywhere, when I turned around I saw Sweet was as busy as me. I poked him in his ribs and teased him whether was it my convocation or his, he just give me a grin and pat my head. At that moment, I wished I could hug him right in front of everybody. But then, we're in public places.. manners matters.

On D-day, I woke up at 4.30am to wash my hair. Heck, a girl needs hours to prepare for any personal big events. I meant events like proms (I'm passed that), convocation, engagement party, the W-day, etc. But that's out of the track. Anyway, Mom practically banged on the bathroom door when I'm still not finish by 5.15am, lecturing how I am going to be late if I still sleep in there. Amazing how Sweet can still sleep with all the commotions from my Mom. Anyway, we reached Cyberjaya at 7am sharp. Not many people arrived yet, considering we're able to park ourselves in a nice spot with minimal walking required. I found Angelina & KimSheng first before going into the Hall with Christina.

When I was up on the stage receiving my e-scroll, I was so afraid. Not of the big crowds, but afraid of accidentally breaking Tun Siti Hasmah's hands. She looked so fragile like an antique chinese porcelain vase where if it breaks, you're gonna get your butt being stumped in jail while singing 'Sweet Escape'. But her sincere voice of saying "Congratulations" to me made me feel like wrapping the antique porcelain with a lot a lot of newspapers and polystyrenes to preserve it in good shape.

Anyhow, after everyone received their e-scrolls we listened to Permata Dunia for the last time in the university. I almost had tears in my eyes, but kept reminding myself not to ruin my make up! When outside the hall, I was practically barged by Sweet, who brought my parents to me and gave me 2 big bouquet of flowers, one with white lilies, another with blue lilies & pinkish red roses. I love the smell of lilies!

* Snap snap here * Snap snap there * Flashlights here * Flashlights there * Huggies here * Huggies there*

Had a little late lunch with those Machi-gang seniors, Sweet's best friends. Then we head back to the hectic KL town for some studio pictures.
Again.

* Snap snap here * Snap snap there * Flashlights here * Flashlights there * Huggies here * Huggies there*

The night ended with an expensive dinner.. it cost about RM600++ per set of ten!
Despite the price, the food was delicious, and everybody enjoyed themselves.

We left KL for Penang the next day. And I am still wondering how the heck did we managed to fit so many things into Dad's car: 7 adults & 5 huge luggage & 4 huge paperbags & 2 big bouquets of flowers & 1 big teddy bear!


Pictures: Convocation Photos
Song: Mandy Moore - Extraordinary

No comments: