Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Know What You Did this CNY 2005 (*part 1)

I'm back in Malacca. A little exhausted. All for all. Still in a good shape.. except for a little skin squeezing itself out of my jeans. That's the proof of going back to hometown and settle myself in a very comfy place where it ALWAYS WELCOME me back. Oh, and the food itself, for all that matters, u know.

Day 1 - Back to hometown :
Quickly rushed back to EP after class. AhKor is gonna fetch me back. Yahoo~!!!
*No more stucking with 24 other people to get on the hot, stuffy bus.*
Reached Penang at about 4pm. Too bad my parents are still working & my sisters are not at home at that time. Just so the time, i asked AhKor to drop me at Secret Recipe in AutoCity, where i pampered myself in a delicious, soft chocolate chese cake called 'Chocolate Indulgence'. It goes perfectly with the Sparkling Juice in the so-damn-hot weather. Ahhhh... quenched my thirst.

Day 2 - Back in hometown :
My younger sister woke me up, telling me that my youngest sister vomited. And my younger sister do not know what food could she eat since she's just vomited and at that time we haven't taken our breakfst yet. Confusing? OK, it's like this.. A woke me up to tell me that B just vomited. A wants to prepare breakfast but do not know what food is suitable for B.
After lunch, Dad dragged me to my old house to take back some of my Mom's kitchen ware which she left behind while packing. And also brought back more 'kitchen rubbish' which only my Mom finds it useable.

Day 3 - To the market :
After all the naggings from my mother, i finally woke up. My ears couldn't stand the fuzzing & buzzing for what the heck of commotion was about. My Mom ordered me to go to the market to get some food for breakfast, buy some 'siu mai' & crabsmeat, and on the way i can shop for new year's clothes. I haven't buy any new clothes yet! Basically, it's a last-minute shopping. Luckily i finally found like 2 new tops. Kinda depressing by the look of the quantity, but what more can i say, it's a last-minute shopping. In fact, i have actually found a few nice clothes... but no more my size. I'm not petite but yet not fat, which makes the matter worse. All those averagely-normal size clothes are sold out like hot cakes. Again, it's a last-minute shopping.

Day 4 - Trips to the toilet :
My Dad told me to go to the Telekom in the morning but i had diarrhoe. It's not food poisoning, it's the so-called slimming cereal i took. The function of the slimming-cereal is, of course OBVIOUSLY BY READING IT, to make me become slimmer. I was hungry the night before so i ate the cereal, which supposingly make u feel full, not like slimming-teas which only makes u still feel empty in the stomach. The taste of that slimming cereal was really AWFUL! By morning, i was rushing in & out of the toilet for 4 times. And oh, parenthetically after all the toilet-running exercise, i didn't even loose a gram! *curse curse curse*
So the Telekom trip was postponed till 3.30pm. My youngest sister debated that Telekom was in Tmn. Ciku, and without giving a second thought, straight to Tmn. Ciku i went. Ended up there just to find that my sis told me the wrong place. She mistook the TNB office for Telekom! Clearly as she had guessed, she got her new-year-scoldings from me. Eventually we did went to the real Telekom building, stood there as grandly as any pre-war conctrete building would be. And a consultation of appling a StreamyX with a young, good looking malay guy in the office really makes my day after all.

Day 5 - Reunion Dinner :
It's true where Mom's are always the best. I just joked with my Mom the other day that everytime we have our reunion dinner, we never have 'lou sang' before. This year, good ol' Mom bought all the ingredients for our very own homemade 'lou sang' which consists of carrots, young mangoes, papayas, purple cabbages, etc. All fruits of different colours. The taste is as good as it looks =)
Took a nap before the long night of praying at midnight accompanied by the sounds of fireworks.

**to be continued...

No comments: