Monday, February 28, 2005

Harajuku Girls

Have you guys listened to Gwen Stefani's latest single yet? It's called 'Rich Girl'. The tempo is quite nice, a little mixed style. Anyway, since the beat is very catchy, i went to search for the lyrics from azlyrics.com. There's a part where they mentioned about Harajuku girls.

If I was rich girl
See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end
Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
I'd get me four Harajuku girls to
Inspire me and they'd come to my rescue
I'd dress them wicked, I'd give them names
Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Hurry up and come and save me
I wondered what does Gwen meant by Harajuku girls? What's so special about Harajuku? What is Harajuku? Well, making it simple and understandable, Harajuku is a popular shopping place in Japan to get the most fashionable & unique styles, and not surprisingly, most of the fashionable Japanese kids' favourite hang out. These kids are dressed in a very creative & stunning ways where most girls here would exclaimed 'oh-i-would-rather-kill-myself-if-i-were-to-wear-that' kind of fashion. There's alot of tourist snap shotting pictures of those Harajuku girls. Here's some pics that i've done my "research" on:-
Some are pretty, some are not. Some are outrageous, some are daring. Some are hmm... is there any other word to describe these Harajuku girls?

5 comments:

babyfirecat said...

That was out of the blue... too advanced for my fashion taste...

NESOHU said...

Harajuku...these gals have nothing better to do issit? I don't think it's called advance like wut sleeping princess mentioned, to me it's those overly pampered rich girls which have no place to spend their money, and needs attention.

It's good for the local fashion industry, but not good for their own image.

Personally, if you ask me to spend on fashion, i'll still go for some plain and simple clothes. Designers? I still opt for the old Italian household names

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://dqxpbhia.com/fzle/yyif.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://yqurjbeu.com/mrgw/bycj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://dqxpbhia.com/fzle/yyif.html | http://lgxakiwv.com/uauj/ynnt.html