Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Balancing Act

Once in a circus, a clown picks up a long pole, walks up to the end of the tower with the pole held horizontically, with his right foot out.. and slowly.. puts his first step on the 3cm broad rope. He took a deep breath, held it for a moment before letting it go. He takes another deep breath, this time, held it in his lungs. The clown takes up his other left foot... and puts it in front of his right foot, enclosing the gap between his feet. His hand held tightly onto the pole. He told himself again and again to never look down. He never looks down. It's been a habit that he tries to remind himself over the times. He walks on the rope, trying to get to the other end, with his feet racing with one another trying to be the first foot on the rope. Don't look down, don't look down, he tries to tell himself, it's nearer now. The second tower still seems far away. He stops for a moment. The rope is swaying a little bit. He held his pole tighter with one of the end held higher than the other to get his balance. The swaying slows down. He continues his journey... to the other tower. Do NOT look down, he scolds himself. Although there are safety precautions on hanging a big wide net underneath the long ropes, between the two towers taken by the circus management, he tries to imagine the worst. The clown broaden his feet gap, making his steps bigger, making his steps quicker to the other side. I'm near.. I'm reaching.. he thinks to himself, focusing. As he puts his left foot onto the other tower, finally, I reached. With both feet on the platform, he turns to the blank audience, and bowed.

Ironically,

Once in a house, I picked up a rag cloth, walks up near the round thigh-high chair situated next to a round stool chest-high, with the rag cletched tightly in my fist. I took a deep breath, and puts out my right foot on the stool. I let my right leg's calf muscle to pull my body up. My hands opened widely to balance myself while on the way up. I know my right leg is stronger than my left leg. I took another deep breath. Puts my right foot on the high stool, again with the elp of my calf muscle, i help myself up. The stool shook a little. I streatched my arms again to take the balance. Once i get used to the left & right sway, I started to turn myself to face the grilled-window. And my hand with the rag starts to go up and down parallel with the designs of the window grill... when I'm finished, I turn... and heard a voice,
"Hey, you've missed a spot there!!!"

P/S: Feliz 'Primavera Limpiar'!!!
Happy Spring Cleaning!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://tvweprqc.com/durg/zzyu.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jrrxxkkj.com/xysa/krqy.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://tvweprqc.com/durg/zzyu.html | http://quoljtyj.com/nmkg/otjh.html