Friday, July 24, 2009

Dell

It's been a long time since I've ever set foot (literally) on this blog of mine. To tell the truth, I kind of miss Creative Writing.. which doesn't matter anyway since I've missed my chance when I was in Form 5, finishing my SPM.

Anyway, with the time pasts, there's alot to tell which I don't really know where to start. Should I start with my current dilemma or the happy stories I've got in my memories with my new found friends..

Yes, I have a group of new found friends, good friends to be exact, when I started working in Dell (I'll share the dilemma next time). Whenever we had a bad customer, we'll just confide in each other, then make a joke out of it. Just so that we can stay calm and pull the stress off and get ready to take the next call. You see, our job was like in "Hell". We get calls from customers complaining, whether it's missing, wrong, damaged, or late delivery. At that time, we were in-charged of the Australian & New Zealand customers before we "expand our horizon" to the Malaysian & Singaporean customers as well.

I did learn alot from joining a huge MNC company. Whether it's dealing with outside customers or dealing with internal customer OR dealing with incompassionate boss (which I never really cared). Also, jealousy takes charge within colleagues too, then back-stabbing. Whenever we dealt with the outside customers, we'll heave a sigh, laugh, then try to solve their problem (if it is solveable). I'll give you an example of customers I once had.

Example 1
Z: Thank you for calling Hell, my name is Z. How may I help you?
C: I WANT TO COMPLAINT! I received this item in a VERY BAD CONDITION and I WANT a replacement NOW!
Z: Very well sir. Could you please tell me the Service Tag of your computer and kindly explain what kind of bad condition are you having with your computer.
C: WHAT COMPUTER? I'm talking about MY BATHTUB!
Z: &*%#$@!&!

Example 2
Z: Thank you for calling Hell, my name is Z. How may I help you?
C: Well, dear, I just want to tell you something about the "Hell" logo. It seems that the 'E' is falling off! And since I've told you that, I believe I have saved your company an amount of loss to rectify the next batches of new computers. Thus, I would also like to have a compensation since the logo on my computer is not rectifiable.
Z: ............

Example 3
Z: Thank you for calling Hell, my name is Z. How may I help you?
C: I WANT A ROYALTY PAID TO ME BY YOUR COMPANY!
Z: May I know why, M'amm?
C: Because my last name is also 'Hell'. You need to pay me money for using my name or I'll sue you!
Z: $#@!^**&%$

Example 4 (My colleague got this call and this is a classic joke of all times!)
M: Thank you for calling Hell, my name is M. How may I help you?
C: Yes. I just received this wireless keyboard that I bought 2 days ago and I want to exchange it for a new one.
M: Oh, why is that, sir? From what I've gotten from my colleague in the Technical Support Dept, it's still working fine. What other problems have you encounter to make you change your mind?
C: I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHER PROBLEMS THERE IS. I STILL BELIEVE THIS KEYBOARD IS SPOILT AND I WANT A NEW ONE, NOW!
M: Please explain, sir. I need to know so that we can keep up a good quality and customer satisfaction to customers like you.
C: Ok. Whenever I type normally, it's fine. BUT WHENEVER I TYPE IN MY PASSWORD, IT JUST APPEARS 'STARS'!
(What the customer meant was this star---> '******')
M: -_-|||

These are the customers' behaviour that makes us guffawed out loud in the office during lunchtime. Sigh.. now I'm starting to miss it as I'm already out of 'Hell'. But then again, I BELIEVE going out of 'Hell' will give me a refreshing new start.
Wish me luck!

Friends from Dell... shall be missing you guys lots!

3 comments:

S!MPLe^_^S!N said...

wah ... very long ago picture . lol

icymint said...

Yup Yup.. Very long. Tat time Ian still around. =)

Awen Seem said...

Hi... Ming Zheng, how are you? Nothing here. Just wanna say hi here.
I'm siauwen. Not sure you remember me or not. Can't find your facebook.