Monday, September 03, 2007

Sweet's Accident

Like many other nights, I was chatting happily with Sweet before going to bed. Then suddenly Sweet wants to hung up because it's time for him to drive back from Nyalas to Bukit Beruang. It was a long dark night to drive, which the journey will take him approximately 45 minutes to reach his destination. I told him to call me back within the 45 minutes, if not I'll assume he's stuck somewhere along the way with no phone receptions and a spoilt car. I even threatened to call his parents if he does not agree. He just briefly 'hrmmph' at me and assure me that it'll be just like a normal routine.

After 30 minutes, my phone rang. My eyes budged weirdly at his name appearing on the screen wondering how had he reached Bukit Beruang in 30 minutes. That is just impossible! I press the green button on my phone and Sweet's voice came into my ear a while later. His voice is stable, but I think I did hear trembles on and off.

Z: Sweet, don't tell me you've reached Bukit Beruang now? You speeding??!
Sweet: Z, I want to tell you something. Stay calm, OK. I had an accident.
Z: *Gulped* Are you serious? Don't play games with me. This is a serious thing.
Sweet: I'm not playing. This is a serious accident.
Z: Have you called your parents?
Sweet: Yes, I called them before I called you.
Z: (I am wondering how terrible the crash is, but decided to ask him later as I can hear his voice trembles a bit but tried very hard to stay cool) Are you hurt anywhere?
Sweet: I'm alright. Just a few bruises, don't worry. Look, I can't talk long. I need to settle some 'business' here.
Z: OK. But PROMISE me you will call me after you've finished whatever you need to do OK? I don't care what the time is, I will wait for your call.
Sweet: Sure, I promise.

At about 4am, Sweet called me to reassure that everything is OK. Later in the evening, I called to see how has he been holding up, wanted to kay-poh the whole story. Apparently, he's still so steady. I'm so proud of him. I would have freaked out if I have a terrible accident in the middle of the night and in the middle of nowhere,where I have to send my car to the metal scrapers. =(

After he gave me the whole story, with details, he provided me a verbal list which goes like this:-

Sweet
: Z, in the future, I will still drive you around Malacca. So, which car would you prefer to be in? (a) Honda City; (b) Proton Persona; (c) Perodua MyVi; (d) Naza Sutra

I told him it's really up to the comfortability of the driver... but then again

I think the answer is obvious.

1 comment:

NESOHU said...

No wonder u laughed so hard when I talk about the Honda City.

We brothers talk differently, he was asking my opinion on the car, which I have totally no idea about.

Thankfully he's alrite. Jz make sure don't rush guys...i've been through case like this before...rushing back just to call irene to let her know i'm "safe" driving recklessly back home.