Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Damien, the Trickster

Flashback from last week:


  • 1 August 2005

After a tiring 2 days in the south of Johore, up north i went back to Penang with KhaySoon and his friend, Timothy. KhaySoon's the driver; Timothy's the co-driver; well, me, I'm the sleeper! Wahahaha... Anyway, we started our journey back to Penang at around 8.15am and reach Juru about 2.00pm. It's so coincident that the 3 of us do not have the key to our houses. What a bummer~! KhaySoon left his keys in Malacca, Tim's keys was with his neighbour, mine was at home. We're all locked out. Since it was this way, we had our lunch in Secret Recipe in Autocity, while waiting for my dad to pass me my house keys.

Reached home around 3.00pm and i was about to take a nap from a tiring journey and after a comfortable shower. My head was on my comfortable pillow and i'm just a tiny-miny-moe from approaching the R.E.M. for sweet dreams. THAT's when my phone rang.

ME : (blurringly) heelloooo.....
CALLER : Is this Ms. Tan?
ME : Yess... This is me.
CALLER : Ms. Tan, I'm calling from Jobstreet and I've got a job for you. Would you like to come to our company for an interview somewhere around this week?
ME : *rub my eyes a little. sat up on my bed* Huh? What? A job?!
CALLER : Yes. A job that you've requested from Jobstreet which suits your qualification.
ME : *I suddenly thought of my industrial training applications that my faculty requires me to find* Okok… But can I know the name of the company?
CALLER : Oh, I’m sorry Miss. We can’t reveal the company’s name yet.
ME : Then you can at least tell me what the company deals with. What type of job that you are offering? What is the job description?
CALLER : It deals a lot with properties.
ME : I see. I’m in such a blur case right now, would you mind giving me your company’s contact number? I will call back later to make an appointment with your company. *I’m so darn ‘tiau geh’ (tarik harga in malay.)
CALLER : Sure. No problem. 5******
ME : Hold on, let me get a piece of paper...*stood up and fiddled on my table to find a blank spot on a paper... scribble scribble... hmm… this number looks familiar* And who should I refer to when I called this number?
CALLER : Oh, you can look for Damie-
ME : DAMIEN LEONG~!!! How dare you trick me??!!!
DAMIEN : Hahahahahahaha….Hahhahaha…
ME : Oooo.. Now u can laugh syok syok adee lar… How dare you…you…
DAMIEN : Hahahaha…Hahahahahahaha….
ME : Damien, you... trickster.. you... you... %£*&$!~#!£$@¬#!!!

Damien laughed on the phone for quite some time before he gave his breath up for some serious talk. Pah~!
It turns out that this fella was in Belleview BM office with Elaine, and coincidently Julie was on leave. Both of them were quite bored and the trick was planned. And I was too sleepy to realise it in the first place. Drats~ Anyway, I brush myself up, got ready and drove to Belleview to visit them.. and to reduce their boredom.

P/S: Damien, thanks for the elephant chopstick from Bangkok. By the way, please please don't pinch your nose when talking on the phone. You really sound like a gurl~ Muahahaha... *revenge accomplished* =)

No comments: