Sunday, October 03, 2004

EVE of Mid-Autumn Festival

On the eve of this year's Mid-Autumn Festival (Zhong Chiu Jie), me, my housemates, and my housemate's friends suddenly plan to take lanterns and go around Bukit Beruang... just for the fun of it. One of my housemates got a few lanterns from the EP's (Emerald Park) warden. I do not know how did she manage to persuade the warden to lend us some, but she did it perfectly.

And off we went to the EP Garden to lit our lanterns. A whole big bunch of 12 person lit the lanterns, holding it on our hands, and we got some supports of "Hahahaha... Zhong Chiu Jie Kuai Le", "Xiao Jie, wo ye yao na dang long", etc., from the EP guys who are stayed facing outside; but we ignored them. Pathetic people. So, set with 12 person, 10 lanterns, 5 boxes of candles, 1 guy (bodyguard), finally we are ready on our way to toy the whole Bukit Beruang.

We started with Taman Bunga Raya and walked by the KUKTM's hostel, Pangsapuri Bunga Raya, previously MMU's off-campus's boy's hostel. Some of those naughty guys even sang a "Happy Birthday" to us on their balconies. Pathetic of them isn't it? Pathetic with a capital 'C'!

We didn't manage to go ROUND Bukit Beruang because one of my housemate was already complaining tired and sleepy. Although we're still in Taman Bunga Raya, we turned back with a heavy heart. Suddenly, a kancil car drives by and the kid inside embarassed us!!! He said, "Hahahaha... Je Yang Da Le Hai Ti Deng Long! Hahahaha..." OOOOoooo.. that grummy little kid!!! I was so annoyed with his comment. I was almost boiling!!! But i reminded myself, That is only a small kid. This small kid still doesn't know the meaning of this special Mid-Autumn Festival. To him, it might be only playing with the lanterns and nothing more.

Even though i do not know how to read Chinese, but i AM GLAD that my parents taught me well about Chinese cultures and i appreciate it.

Thank YOU, AhMi, AhPa!!!
~*~I LOVE U GUYS!!!~*~

No comments: